Dear Prospective Prekindergarten parent/guardian,
Thank you for your interest in our Pre-Kindergarten program. Harmony School of Excellence San Antonio offers a half day program for our PreK students. Below you will find the requirements for the program and a list of documents that you will need to submit to the school for enrollment consideration. Please contact the school’s registrar if you have any questions or need additional assistance at email@example.com.
Requirement for Pre-Kindergarten (please visit the TEA website for details at https://tea.texas.gov/ece/eligibility.aspx)
To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten your child must be at least four of age by September 1st of the any given school year and meet at least one of the following criteria listed below. The child must also reside within the District’s Geographic Boundary.
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language and are Limited English Proficiency (LEP) students.
- Be educationally disadvantaged
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U. S. C.) Section 1143a
- Military Member’s Child
- Meet eligibility criteria for Head Start
- Foster Care Child
- Child of a First Responder
Approval Based On:
Limited English Proficient
- Home Language Survey must indicate child hears/speaks a language other than English at home.
- Child will be tested with an oral Language assessment.
- Parent must sign Notification of Enrollment in Bilingual/ESL Program.
- Child lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate residence.
- Primary nighttime residence is a supervised public or private shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations, or an institution that provides temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized.
- Primary nighttime residence is a public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings
Proof of Income Eligibility
- Current paycheck stub, current pay envelope, letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid, unemployment, worker’s comp.
- or disability payment stub, current SNAP, or TNAF case number for free meals
- Acceptable documentation for self-employment income include: business or farming documents (ex. Ledgers and/or self-issued pay stub, tax return)
Military Member’s Child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the U.S. military or one who has been killed, injured, or missing in action while on active duty.
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
First Responder’s Child
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
- Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
- Current Immunization Record
- Social Security Card for the child (if available)
- Photo ID of Parent or Guardian
- Proof of Residency (Current Utility Bill, Lease Agreement)
- Proof of Income (Tax Return, Current Paystubs, Letter of Employer, etc.), if applying on the basis of being economically disadvantaged.
- Court Documentation or Letter from Child Protective Services (CPS) establishing foster care, if applying on the basis of conservatorship.
- Proof of employment in a field considered as a First Responder
Information applicants are required to provide
Applicants must submit a completed application form in order to be considered for admission. The application form must be signed and dated by the parent(s). The application form must include the following items:
- Applicant’s name (first, last, and middle names)
- Applicant’s birth date
- Applicant’s current grade level and grade applied for
- Applicant’s residential address
- Phone numbers
- Applicant’s parents’ name and signature
Last Revised 2/4/2019